Dalkaaga.com http://dalkaaga.com Dalkaaga Ha Moogaan, Qurbo Joog ha noqon. Fri, 05 Apr 2019 10:24:29 +0000 en-US hourly 1 https://wordpress.org/?v=4.9.11 /wp-content/uploads/2017/03/cropped-DalkaagaLogo-32x32.gif Dalkaaga.com http://dalkaaga.com 32 32 Taliska Ciidamada Booliska oo soo saaray digniino kale oo la xiriira qaraxyada Muqdisho /taliska-ciidamada-booliska-oo-soo-saaray-digniino-kale-oo-la-xiriira-qaraxyada-muqdisho/ Fri, 05 Apr 2019 10:24:29 +0000 /?p=33071 Taliye ku xigeenka labaad ee ciidamada booliska Soomaaliyeed Sareeyo Guuto Zakiya Xuseen Axmed ayaa soo saartay digniino ku wajahan shacabka iyo bahda warbaahinta Muqdisho.

Taliye ku xigeen Zakiya, ayaa sheegtay in shacabka iyo bahda warbaahinta ay kaga digeyso inay ku cararaan meelaha ay ka dhacaan qaraxyada Al Shabaab ka fuliyaan magaalada Muqdisho.

Waxay sidoo kale sheegtay in laamaha amaanka ay warbaahinta iyo shacabka u ogolaan doonaan inay tagaan meelaha qaraxyada ka dhacaan, marka ay xaqiijiyaan in goobta qaraxyo kale aan la dhigin si loogu dhibaateeyo Shacabka.

Waxay tilmaamay in magaalada Muqdisho marar badan ay ka dhaceen in dadka qaraxyada ku xooma lagu laayo qaraxyo kale oo lasii dhigay goobta qaraxa koowaad uu ka dhaco, sida ay sheegtay.

“Waxaan dhamaan shacabka iyo bahda warbaahina u sheegeynaa inay ka fogaadaan meelaha qaraxyada ka dhacaan, ilaa laamaha amaanka ka xaqiijiyaan in meesha amaan tahay, waad og tihiin qatarta ka dhalan karta qaraxyada labaad”.

“Waxaan idinku wargelineynaa warbaahinta iyo shacabka in ciidamada aysan ogolaan doonin in goobaha qaraxyada ka dhacaan lagu soo yaaco, ilaa aan ka xaqiijino in goobta uu yaalo ama uusan oolin qarax labaad”ayay tiri Zakiya.

Tusaalooyin ayay usoo qaadatay marar badan oo Al Shabaab ay qaraxyo labaad ku laayeen dadka ku xooma meelaha qaraxyada koowaad ay ka dhacaan, waxaana kamid ah weerarkii ka dhacay Hotel Saxafi sanadkii hore oo ugu yaraan seddex gaari oo meelo kala duwan la dhigay loo adeegsaday.

]]>
Libya: Haftar forces launch air strikes near el Feel oilfield /libya-haftar-forces-launch-air-strikes-near-el-feel-oilfield/ Sun, 10 Feb 2019 19:13:18 +0000 /?p=33068

Eastern Libyan forces loyal to commander Khalifa Haftar carried out four air strikes near the El Feel oilfield as a warning to a rival commander, a field engineer said on Saturday.

It was the first military action by the eastern army since it banned all flights in southern Libya without its authorisation on Friday.

The strikes were directed at commander Ali Kennah, who was inside the compound at the time, the engineer told Reuters. Kennah is allied to the internationally recognised Tripoli government, while Haftar backs a parallel administration in the east.

The fractured political climate has caused significant disruption to the country’s oil industry.

The Tripoli Government of National Accord (GNA), backed by the United Nations, said in a statement that the strike targeted a civilian plane that was trying to evacuate a number of wounded people from the oilfield to Tripoli.

The strikes damaged the oilfield’s infrastructure and its airport runway and “put civilian lives at risk”, the statement added, without adding details of any casualties.

State oil firm NOC, which runs the El Feel field with foreign partners, could not be immediately reached for comment.

Haftar is a dominant figure in eastern Libya where his Libyan National Army group seized the second-largest city of Benghazi in 2017 by expelling militants.

Last month, his forces started an offensive in the south to fight militants and secure its oilfields, and on Wednesday made good on the promise by moving on the closed El Sharara field.

His forces have occupied a pumping station some 20 km (12 miles) from the main El Sharara field but not the rest of the 315,000 barrels a day site, according to a field engineer.

The El Feel field is located in the same southwestern region and is still producing crude, usually around 70,000 barrels a day.

El Sharara was shut in December after tribesmen and state guards seized it.

Kennah, the commander of the Sabha military zone who served under former dictator Muammar Gaddafi, was appointed by Prime Minister Fayez Seraj last week. Fayez leads the GNA.

Source: Middleeastmonitor

]]> King Salman Approves Bill to Encourage Private Sector /king-salman-approves-bill-to-encourage-private-sector/ Sun, 10 Feb 2019 19:12:13 +0000 /?p=33065

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud ordered Saturday launching the consolidated bill initiative as part of a plan to encourage the private sector and to alleviate obstacles that may hinder their work.

His approval comes also as part of facilitating the achievement of the bill’s objectives and stimulate the growth and expansion of employing citizens.

The royal order authorized the Ministry of Labor and Social Development to launch the Consolidated Bill Initiative in collaboration with the Private Sector Stimulation Office, aiming to provide support to enterprises committed to job localization.

Companies “ranked in the ranges of Platinum, A-Green, B-Green, or C-Green for 12 months shall be refunded the collected fees”, the initiatives states.

If these fees are not already paid, companies shall be exempted from paying for 2018.

Saudi Arabia’s Minister of Commerce and Investment Dr. Majid bin Abdullah al-Qassabi, who also serves as president of the supervisory committee for the plan, expressed gratitude for King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for “their generous approval.”

Saudi Arabia’s Minister of Labor and Social Development Eng. Ahmed bin Suleiman al-Rajhi, for his part, said the move would “stimulate growth and expansion of Saudi Arabia’s economy through employment and job creation for more Saudi youth.”

The program also includes a grace period incentive for companies in the ‘Red’ and ‘Yellow’ categories to move to higher slots through “raising their average localization rates within 12 months to take the lucrative initiative’s support.”

The initiative’s $3.1bn (SAR11.5bn) worth budget aims at reimbursing some private-sector companies that struggled to pay expat work permit fees in 2017 and 2018.

Source: Asharq Al-Awsat

]]>
Trump skips deadline for Congress report on Saudi journalist’s murder /trump-skips-deadline-for-congress-report-on-saudi-journalists-murder/ Sun, 10 Feb 2019 19:11:16 +0000 /?p=33062

The Trump administration signaled on Friday it was unlikely to meet a deadline to report to Congress on whether it intends to impose sanctions on those responsible for the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, prompting an angry backlash on Capitol Hill.

Republican and Democratic lawmakers triggered a provision of the Global Magnitsky human rights act in October, giving the administration 120 days until Februay 8 to report on who was responsible for the death of Khashoggi and whether the United States would impose sanctions on that person or persons.

Jamal Khashoggi, a US resident who wrote for The Washington Post, was killed at a Saudi consulate in Turkey in early October, sparking global outrage. In Saudi Arabia, 11 suspects have been indicted in the murder, and officials have rejected accusations that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ordered the killing.

Congressional aides said they had not received a report from the White House by early evening on Friday. Some said they still hoped to receive it by early next week, but the administration said President Donald Trump did not feel the need to send one.

“The President maintains his discretion to decline to act on congressional committee requests when appropriate,” a senior administration official said in an emailed statement. “The US Government will continue to consult with Congress and work to hold accountable those responsible for Jamal Khashoggi’s killing.”

Some lawmakers responded angrily and said they intended to punish whoever was responsible.

“The administration’s refusal to deal with this issue and keep Congress informed underscores the need to get to the bottom of what is motivating the Trump foreign policy,” Eliot Engel, the Democratic chairman of the House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee, said in a statement.

The New York Times reported on Thursday that the Saudi crown prince had said a year before Khashoggi’s death that he would use “a bullet” on Khashoggi if he did not return home and end his criticism of the government.

Saudi Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Adel al-Jubeir told reporters on Friday the prince did not order Khashoggi’s killing but declined comment on the Times story.

Al-Jubeir said he wanted Congress to let the Saudi legal process conclude before taking action on sanctions. “We are doing what we need to do in terms of acknowledging the mistake, investigating, charging and holding people accountable,” he said.

Al-Jubeir said he believed some congressional criticism was “driven by politics.”

“The law is clear”
Juan Pachon, a spokesman for Senator Bob Menendez, the top Democrat on the Foreign Relations Committee, said Trump was breaking the law by failing to send the report.

“The law is clear,” Pachon said. “It requires a determination and report in response to the letter we sent with (former Foreign Relations Chairman Bob) Corker. The president has no discretion here. He’s either complying with the law or breaking it.”

Members of Congress, including many of Trump’s fellow Republicans as well as Democrats, have clamored for a strong response to Khashoggi’s murder as well as the humanitarian crisis in Yemen, where a Saudi-led coalition is fighting Iran-backed Houthi rebels.

Ahead of the deadline, a group of Republican and Democratic senators on Thursday renewed their push to penalize Saudi Arabia, unveiling legislation to bar some arms sales and impose sanctions on those responsible for Khashoggi’s death.

Trump has resisted such legislative efforts, viewing weapons sales as an important source of US jobs and standing by the Saudi crown prince. He is also reluctant to disturb the strategic relationship with the kingdom, seen as an important regional counterbalance to Iran.

Source: Middleeastmonitor

 

 

]]>
Iran awaits Lebanese ‘desire’ to accept its military aid /iran-awaits-lebanese-desire-to-accept-its-military-aid/ Sun, 10 Feb 2019 19:09:41 +0000 /?p=33059 Iran has developed a large domestic arms industry in the face of international sanctions and embargoes that have barred it from importing many weapons

Iran is waiting for Lebanon to show a desire to accept its military assistance, Iran’s foreign minister said on Sunday, reiterating an offer of support to the US-backed Lebanese military.

Mohammad Javad Zarif, whose government backs the powerful Lebanese Shia group Hezbollah, was speaking at Beirut airport at the start of his first visit to Lebanon since its new government was formed late last month.

Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah said last week he was ready to secure air defence systems for the Lebanese army from Iran to confront Israeli warplanes and to secure “everything it wants to be the strongest army in the region”.

Iran has developed a large domestic arms industry in the face of international sanctions and embargoes that have barred it from importing many weapons.

Asked if Iran was ready to offer military aid, Zarif said: “We always have this type of readiness and we announced on other occasions that this tendency exists in Iran but we are waiting for this desire to exist on the Lebanese side.”

The United States, which lists Hezbollah as a terrorist group, says its military aid to Lebanon aims to strengthen the army as “the sole” military force defending the country and to counter threats from neighbouring Syria.

The new Lebanese national unity government is led by the Western-backed Prime Minister Saad al-Hariri and groups most of the main political factions, including Hezbollah, which has expanded its role in the new cabinet.

Zarif, who is due to meet government officials on Monday, said his visit aimed to declare Iran’s support for Lebanon and to announce that it “has complete and comprehensive readiness to deal with the brotherly Lebanese government in all areas”.

In a speech last week, Nasrallah asked why Lebanon was “ignoring” Iran while “offering our necks to others” – an apparent reference to the United States, which has tightened sanctions against his group.

The make-up of Hariri’s government largely reflects the result of a parliamentary election last year, in which Hezbollah and groups that support its possession of arms secured more than 70 of the 128 seats in parliament.

The role of Hezbollah, a heavily armed group founded by Iran’s Revolutionary Guards in 1982, has grown through its naming of the new health minister – the first time it has controlled a ministry with a large budget.

Source: Middleeastmonitor

]]>
Yemen aims to export about 75,000 bpd oil in 2019 /yemen-aims-to-export-about-75000-bpd-oil-in-2019/ Sun, 10 Feb 2019 19:08:23 +0000 /?p=33056

The Saudi-backed government in Yemen hopes to scale up its crude production to 110,000 barrels per day (bpd) in 2019, with exports touching about 75,000 bpd, its oil minister told Reuters on Sunday.

The government of Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi controls the southern port city of Aden and areas holding Yemen’s oil-and-gas fields. The Iranian-aligned Houthi group controls the capital Sanaa and the oil terminal of Ras Issa on the western coast.

Yemen’s oil output has collapsed since 2015 when the Saudi-led military coalition intervened in Yemen’s war to try to restore Hadi’s government to power.

“We will maintain production from four blocks and are planning to build a pipeline to Arab Sea (Arabian Sea) to resume exports from these blocks,” Hadi’s oil minister, Aws Abdullah al-Awd, said in an interview.

The conflict has choked energy output and shuttered a key export terminal and pipeline.

Yemen produced an average of 50,000 bpd of crude in 2018 compared with around 127,000 bpd in 2014. Last year it exported some quantities of oil.

Yemen has proven oil reserves of around 3 billion barrels, according to the US Energy Information Administration (EIA).

The oil minister said Yemen also wanted to resume production of LNG, which had been halted as a result of the conflict.

“Our country has been affected by the war for the past three years, but thank God, now things are coming back. Hopefully 2019 will be good for Yemen,” he said.

He predicted LNG output would rise in 2019 to 6.7 million tonnes and half of that amount would be exported.

“In 2020, we hope to export all of our LNG production, mainly to customers in Asia,” he said, noting companies including Total, US-based Hunt Oil and Korean companies operate the LNG project.

Source: Middleeastmonitor

]]>
African Union head calls for international Libya summit /african-union-head-calls-for-international-libya-summit/ Sun, 10 Feb 2019 19:07:13 +0000 /?p=33053

The chairman of the African Union Commission on Sunday called for an international conference on Libya to chart the way forward for the troubled country.

In spite of African efforts over the past several years, the conflict in Libya still lingers, Moussa Faki Mahamat told the opening of the 32nd Summit of the African Heads of State and Government in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia’s capital.

Speaking later, Arab League Secretary General Abu Ghait corroborated the call for international solidarity on Libya.

“The Arab League sees the situation in Libya as a grave concern for Africa and the Arab world. We are committed to bringing peace and stability by supporting peaceful dialogue between all factions,” he said.

“The Libyan people need consensus, a functioning constitution, and elections. We are ready to support these endeavors.”

Faki Mahamat also called for enhanced Arab-African relations, saying current ties fall “below our expectations.”

He said he hopes to hold an Arab-African summit later this year.

As achievements in 2018, the chairman cited decisions by African leaders for African passport, single African air transport, and free movement of people.

Source: Middleeastmonitor

]]>
Al-Ula to be Transformed into Destination for Visitors from Around the World /al-ula-to-be-transformed-into-destination-for-visitors-from-around-the-world/ Sun, 10 Feb 2019 19:05:55 +0000 /?p=33050

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman launched on Sunday the vision for the ancient city of Al-Ula in the presence of top officials and local and international investors.

“Al-Ula Vision” includes a set of development and conservation projects, which will amplify Al-Ula’s place as a world heritage destination, in line with Saudi Vision 2030.

Among the projects are the Sharaan Resort and the Sharaan Nature Reserve. Both take their names from the surrounding canyon with its ancient rock formations.

“The canyon area of Sharaan was designated a Nature Reserve by the Crown Prince … setting a new standard in the region for re-balancing fragile ecosystems and reflecting Saudi Arabia’s commitment to protecting its rich heritage,” The Royal Commission for Al-Ula said.

Source: Asharq Al-Awsat

]]>
SDF Says to Target Last ISIS Syria Enclave After Civilians Get Evacuated /sdf-says-to-target-last-isis-syria-enclave-after-civilians-get-evacuated/ Sat, 09 Feb 2019 20:10:30 +0000 /?p=33047

Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), backed by Washington, plan to attack the last ISIS enclave in Syria once civilians, who are still inside that area, have been evacuated, an SDF official said.

The besieged ISIS enclave centred around Baghouz on the eastern bank of the Euphrates River represents the terrorist group’s last territorial foothold in the part of Syria where forces supported by the US have been fighting it.

Mustafa Bali, head of the SDF media office, did not indicate how soon he expected the civilian evacuation to be completed, Reuters reported, noting that most of the civilians are family members of ISIS militants.

“There is of course a safe corridor and civilians are coming out daily, and this reduces their number in Baghouz until we can be sure the town is free of civilians.

“We will launch an attack to end ISIS presence or they will turn themselves in. There are no other options for them. We confirm there are no negotiations and no intention to have negotiations,” Bali said late on Friday.

According to Reuters, the US said on Jan. 29 that ISIS was expected to lose the final chunk of territory within a couple of weeks.

ISIS still has a territorial foothold in Syria west of the Euphrates in areas otherwise held by the Syrian regime and its allies.

Source: Asharq Al-Awsat

]]>
KSRelief Concludes Its Medical Campaign in Mukalla /ksrelief-concludes-its-medical-campaign-in-mukalla/ Sat, 09 Feb 2019 20:09:31 +0000 /?p=33044

The King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center concluded on Friday its voluntary medical campaign in Yemen’s Mukalla, after conducting 99 surgical operations.

On the last day, the Center’s volunteer medical team conducted 3 open heart operations and 10 therapeutic catheters, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.

The total number of operations performed since the launch of the campaign on February 2 was 26 open heart operations and 73 catheterizations.

The Center also delivered medical equipment with total amount of SR169,385 to Pulse of Life Center for Cardiology at the Mukalla Cardiology Foundation.

According to SPA, director of volunteer programs at the Center Nayef Asiri explained that this grant comes within the framework of the Center’s desire to sustain the surgical services provided by the Mukalla Cardiology Foundation, in addition to transferring the knowledge and experiences of the volunteer team to the Yemeni cadres.

Source: Asharq Al-Awsat

]]>